Salon Culture et Jeux Mathématiques this week(end).

Maksim Maydanskiy

May 20, 2014, 12:37:46 PM5/20/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

As (one of?) mathematician(s) in the group, I think I should point out the upcoming event  http://www2.cijm.org/
It's a math and math games "salon". Those of you who speak French will know more about it than I in 3 minutes after clicking on the link (and/or looking at the haphazard pdf schedule http://www2.cijm.org/images/documents/81/progsalonreduit.pdf).
I was planning to go there on Saturday at least (and maybe some other day(s)). If anyone wants to check it out by themselves - great; if you'd like or to join me - let me know. In principle we can have a coffee break/lunch/picnic - make it a quasi-meetup.
Oh, and there is a "mathematical rally" at musée du quai Branly - if nothing else it's a free entry to the museum (which is a pretty cool museum). It seems kid-friendly if not kid-oriented (if you are a kid-ed person perhaps you should check that); if anyone wants to do it - the teams are 2-4 people, so you and me are already a team.

M.