Exhibit on LHC at "Palais de la découverte"

Gael Le Mignot

Oct 25, 2014, 9:01:04 AM10/25/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello LWers,

We didn't have any "meetup" recently at Paris.

And there is currently an exhibition about the LHC at "Palais de la
découverte". I thought this is the kind of things that could interest my
fellow LWers in Paris, so it may be the opportunity for a "meetup".

Is any of you interested to go see the exhibit and discuss it (or
anything less related to usual LW interests) ?

The exhibit is running until July 2015, so we have lots of time to find
an appropriate schedule, but I guess a saturday or sunday afternoon is
probably the best for everyone.

More information at (sorry, in French, they don't seem to have
translated that part in English yet, but I assume the exhibit itself is
bilingual) :
http://www.palais-decouverte.fr/fr/au-programme/expos-temporaires/le-grand-collisionneur-lhc/

Regards,
Gaël

Emile Kroeger

Oct 25, 2014, 5:23:40 PM10/25/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Why not! a saturday or sunday afternoon would suit me...

(I haven't been very active here, on account of having a brand new baby to deal with)

Gael Le Mignot

Nov 9, 2014, 4:04:52 AM11/9/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello LWers,

Apart from Emile, I didn't receive any reply to that proposal...

Therefore I envisage two hypothesis :

1. Everyone on the list is "dead", in the sense of not
reading/responding anymore.

2. No one cares about the LHC exhibit.

Could you help me distinguish those hypothesis, by saying if you are
still alive and would be interested in another kind of event ?

I proposed the LHC thing half because I'm interested in it, but half
because we didn't have any activity of LW-Paris since the
"Transcendance" movie.

So if it's the case 2, maybe we could try to plan something else ?
Anyone has an idea ?

Regards,
Gael / Kilobug

Karsten Kretschmer

Nov 9, 2014, 12:18:27 PM11/9/14

On 09.11.2014 10:04, Gael Le Mignot wrote:
> Apart from Emile, I didn't receive any reply to that proposal...
>
> Therefore I envisage two hypothesis :
>
> 1. Everyone on the list is "dead", in the sense of not
> reading/responding anymore.
>
> 2. No one cares about the LHC exhibit.
>
> Could you help me distinguish those hypothesis, by saying if you are
> still alive and would be interested in another kind of event ?

I am still subscribed and I still work in Paris. Sorry for not replying,
I said to myself I would reply “later”…

I am interested in the LHC exhibition and woud like to join if a group
of us goes there.

Cheers, Karsten

Holger Dell

Nov 9, 2014, 1:00:04 PM11/9/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
I moved to Saarbrücken, but I would be interested to join a meet-up if it happens at an opportune time (i.e. mostly weekends).

-Holger.

Maksim Maydanskiy

Nov 9, 2014, 2:04:11 PM11/9/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm in Paris. The first 2 messages passed me by, probably because I was sick so missed a bunch of things. Would join the LHC exhibit on a weekend.

M.

Gael Le Mignot

Nov 17, 2014, 11:50:51 AM11/17/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sorry for the slight delay, but I wasn't sure of my availability between
work (some tricky operations we'll to do during the week-end) and family
(winter solstice/new year eve).

But now it's all sorted, I created an online poll with the dates I'm
available on december/january :
http://papillon.dolka.fr/poll/aKwCa21416242516/

Could everyone who is interested fill when he's available ? And
hopefully there will be one date with everyone avaialble.

Regards,
Gael / Kilobug

Gael Le Mignot

Dec 10, 2014, 4:05:00 AM12/10/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

So, according to the online poll, it's either for saturday 17 or sunday
18 (of january) that everyone is available.

So let's say on saturday 17th of january, at 14:00 ? Everyone is ok with
that ?

Regards,
Gael / Kilobug

Karsten Kretschmer

Dec 12, 2014, 9:16:18 AM12/12/14
On 07/12/14 11:16, Gael Le Mignot wrote:
> So, according to the online poll, it's either for saturday 17 or sunday
> 18 (of january) that everyone is available.
>
> So let's say on saturday 17th of january, at 14:00 ? Everyone is ok with
> that ?

OK for me!

Cheers, Karsten

Emile Kroeger

Dec 12, 2014, 11:56:04 AM12/12/14
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
OK by me too! Thanks for organizing this :)

Maksim Maydanskiy

Jan 15, 2015, 4:52:40 PM1/15/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
So it's this Saturday. Are we on?

Emile Kroeger

Jan 15, 2015, 6:51:23 PM1/15/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Yep!

Gael Le Mignot

Jan 16, 2015, 3:25:12 AM1/16/15
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello Maksim!

Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:52:19 +0100, you wrote:

> So it's this Saturday. Are we on?

Indeed :)