Pulse check

Christophe Aguettaz

Feb 2, 2017, 5:01:20 PM2/2/17
to LessWrong-France
So, are there still people around? Any meetups (or people interested in one) in the Paris area?

Cheers,
Chris

Vladyslav Sitalo

Feb 2, 2017, 5:07:44 PM2/2/17
to LessWrong-France
Hey Chris,

I moved out of Paris a few month ago :).
No activity as far as I know. There is an EA meetup, though if you're interested.

Cheers,
Vlad

Emile Kroeger

Oriane Gaillard

Feb 3, 2017, 4:09:25 AM2/3/17
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
There is a small community in Lyon that moved away from purely discussing LW. Feel free to reach out and I can put you in touch with like-minded cool people who are doing cool stuff.

Gael Le Mignot

Feb 3, 2017, 10:52:13 AM2/3/17
to Emile Kroeger, lesswron...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm still alive, around and interested in general by LW/rationality/...
but somewhat busy, so depending on what you're planning to do and when I
might join or not.

Cheers,

> No meetups, but I am still around ...
> 2017/02/02 午後11:07 "Vladyslav Sitalo" <ro...@stvad.org>:

>> Hey Chris,
>>
>> I moved out of Paris a few month ago :).
>> No activity as far as I know. There is an EA meetup, though if you're
>> interested.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Vlad
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 10:01 PM Christophe Aguettaz <ague...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So, are there still people around? Any meetups (or people interested in
>>> one) in the Paris area?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris
>>>
>>> --

Florent Berthet

Feb 5, 2017, 2:44:10 AM2/5/17
to Lesswrong France, Emile Kroeger
You might be interested in Effective Altruism meetups, they occur frequently in Paris and are full of great people: https://www.facebook.com/aescpo/

Cheers,

Florent Berthet
florent...@gmail.com / 07 81 89 42 52

Ecole Nikola Tesla
ecolenikolatesla.com

Hello,

I'm still alive, around and interested in general by LW/rationality/...
but somewhat busy, so depending on what you're planning to do and when I
might join or not.

Cheers,

 > No meetups, but I am still around ...
 > 2017/02/02 午後11:07 "Vladyslav Sitalo" <ro...@stvad.org>:

 >> Hey Chris,
 >>
 >> I moved out of Paris a few month ago :).
 >> No activity as far as I know. There is an EA meetup, though if you're
 >> interested.
 >>
 >> Cheers,
 >> Vlad
 >>
 >> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 10:01 PM Christophe Aguettaz <ague...@gmail.com>
 >> wrote:
 >>
 >>> So, are there still people around? Any meetups (or people interested in
 >>> one) in the Paris area?
 >>>
 >>> Cheers,
 >>> Chris
 >>>
 >>> --

Christophe Aguettaz

Feb 5, 2017, 1:08:55 PM2/5/17
to lesswrong-france
@Oriane

Thanks, but Lyon is a bit far.

@Gael

I have no plans, but was thinking of maybe an informal meetup around a drink somewhere in the southern Paris area. Would that work for you? And Emile? Or anyone else reading this?

@Florent

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm looking for right now.

Manuel Križ

Feb 7, 2017, 5:32:43 PM2/7/17
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
I’m still in Paris, too, and interested in rationality-related topics, though more of the Slate Star Codex variety at this point.

Manuel Križ
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Institut Jean-Nicod, École Normale Supérieure, Paris

Alexander Shpilkin

Feb 7, 2017, 7:10:55 PM2/7/17
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com

Well, I’m here, too, though I’m unsure what I could possibly bring to the discussion. —Alex

 >>> email to lesswrong-fran...@googlegroups.com.
 >>>
 >> --

Bogdan Butnaru

Feb 9, 2017, 2:53:14 PM2/9/17
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
I'll echo Manuel and Alexander's replies. In theory I'd be interested in meetups and/or other LW/SSC-related group activities, but in practice I tend to be too busy to participate. (And certainly will be for the next month or so at least.)

— Bogdan Butnaru

Am 05.02.2017 um 19:08 schrieb Christophe Aguettaz <ague...@gmail.com>:

@Oriane

Thanks, but Lyon is a bit far.

@Gael

I have no plans, but was thinking of maybe an informal meetup around a drink somewhere in the southern Paris area. Would that work for you? And Emile? Or anyone else reading this?

@Florent

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm looking for right now.

 >> --

Emile Kroeger

Feb 10, 2017, 4:33:04 AM2/10/17
to lesswron...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in a meetup, though I am also pretty busy

— Bogdan Butnaru