New to the group

Dan

Sep 3, 2017, 5:31:47 PM9/3/17
to LessWrong-France
Hello,

I just discovered lesswrong a couple of days ago. I'm not usually a person for online groups - I often find them quite cult-like - but there is something interesting about what I'm reading. I'm wondering if there are any other lurkers / active posters (last post on this mailing list is from a while ago) out there in Parisian meatspace and wondering what kind of people you are.

I'm a 24 yo computer programming student. Looking for a future career in sustainable development. Interests include theatre, volleyball and food. Friends often call me stubborn when it comes to debates - but I will always fight for what I think is right.

I need to read more into lesswrong to figure out what I really think of it, but would be interested in hearing about you and how / why / when you joined the lw community and what (if anything) it has done for you.

Looking forward to reading your responses!

Dan