LessWrong Meetup: 2021-06-20: Reading Discussion

Roger Curley

Jun 16, 2021, 7:55:19 PMJun 16
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com

WHEN: 20 June 2021, 3:00 PM

WHERE: US Navy Memorial Plaza, Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC, USA

First, a meta note. For those of you who don't know Maia and I, we used to organize the DC meetup until 2014. We've been in the Bay Area since then, but just moved back. I'm looking forward to meeting or re-meeting all of y'all!

We'll be discussing Avoid News, Part 2: What the Stock Market Taught Me about News and Your Book Review: Progress And Poverty. We'd prefer it if you read the articles beforehand, but there will be printed copies available.

Note that this isn't the usual spot: the Smithsonian is still requiring tickets, so we can't have the meetup in the Kogod Courtyard. We'll be meeting at Navy Memorial Plaza nearby. I'll have a sign saying "DC LessWrong".

For help finding the group, please call (or text, with a likely-somewhat-slower response rate): 301-458-0764.

--
~Roger Curley