2018-08-19 Valuable Things That Are Hard To Measure

Eileen Martz

Aug 8, 2018, 6:06:47 PM8/8/18
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
WHEN: August 19th, 2018, starting 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Portrait Gallery courtyard

This meetup is for discussing how to approach things that are hard to measure, what can go wrong when you're measuring something only adjacent to what you want, and how we can do better.

Eileen Martz

Aug 19, 2018, 2:57:21 PM8/19/18
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
At best I'll be late, I may not show up at all.

Michael

Aug 19, 2018, 3:10:32 PM8/19/18
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
I’m there now with a (digital) Less Wrong sign.

Michael

James Fadden

Aug 21, 2019, 4:13:50 PM8/21/19
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com

What would you like to do and talk about at Less Wrong DC?

I am opening up a thread for people to post suggestions and discuss
ideas for future topics for Less Wrong DC meetups. This could
include:

A. Suggestions/discussion of specific topics for meetups.

B. More general comments regarding the types of topics or activities
for the group you enjoy (e.g meetings in a single substantive topic
vs other formats such as "what good books have you read recently?"
etc).

NOTE: I just posted this in the Less Wrong DC Facebook group, but not
everyone is on Facebook so I am posting it here as well. Please feel
free to mail suggestions to this list.

James