ICYMI - demonstration outside the FDA this Sunday and coordinated twitter storm on Monday.

Dan Elton

Feb 11, 2021, 11:29:03 AM2/11/21
to LessWrong DC
Hello,

I am organizing a demonstration outside the US FDA this Sunday from 2-4 pm to demonstrate against their delays in approving the AstraZeneca, J&J, & Novavax vaccines (see Facebook event for details).

Then on Monday, February 22nd at 1pm EST we are planning a coordinated social media campaign to get #UnclogTheFDA and related hastags to become a trending hashtags on Twitter (see Facebook event and LessWrong post for details). We have a special Discord server here for planning.

Here are some petitions to sign:
Here is some further reading:
Finally, I am under no illusion about the difficulty of changing the FDA. Reform typically takes years. I am fighting mainly to raise awareness and hopefully to have reforms implemented at the FDA before we get hit by another pandemic or a biological weapons attack. Maybe we can think people to think about reforms like a parallel Free to Choose Medicine track as well (here's a great podcast on that).

Regards,
-- Dan