Rockville Dinner Meetup -- Tuesday 10/19, 7:15 PM

Maia

Oct 14, 2021, 8:14:43 PM10/14/21
to LessWrong DC
Let's do this again! Looks like the outdoor aerobics class on Tuesdays is over for the season, so we should be able to do Tuesday without disturbance this time.

We'll be meeting for dinner at 7:15 PM on Tuesday, October 19, at Lebanese Taverna in Rockville Town Center (115-A GIBBS STREET, ROCKVILLE, MD, menu: https://www.lebanesetaverna.com/leb-tav-menu). There's parking nearby at the Rockville Town Square garage (https://goo.gl/maps/poMwc75efjHNjUuDA). The Rockville Metro station is closed until December, so please make alternate plans if taking transit.

LebTav has outdoor seating. We'll plan to sit outside with a DC Lesswrong sign.

COVID info: Please only come if you are vaccinated and have not had any COVID symptoms or exposure recently. Montgomery County still has an indoor mask mandate, so bring a mask to wear while ordering food inside.

Maia

Maia Werbos

Oct 19, 2021, 7:15:03 PM10/19/21
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
We are here! LebTav seems to have disassembled their outdoor seating but there's still plenty of public picnic tables. We're sitting in front of Nature by Trejok (to the left as you exit LebTav).

Maia Werbos

Oct 19, 2021, 9:23:16 PM10/19/21
to lesswr...@googlegroups.com
Couple things that came up at today's meetup:

The Hardy-Weinberg theorem in genetics, which determines the prevalence of alleles in a population when there's no selection:

The Broad Autism Phenotype questionnaire: