December 13th: Hope & Self-improvement

Roxolan

Dec 7, 2014, 11:59:35 AM12/7/14
to lesswrong...@googlegroups.com

It's Christmas season, so I thought of doing something about rational giving, but we've already talked your ears off about Effective Altruism last meetup. Instead, let's fight off seasonal depression with the Power of Friendship (and of Chemistry).

What makes you hope for your own future? How has your life improved recently, and what makes you expect it will improve again? What makes you hope for the future of humanity? Which recent scientific development brings us one step towards utopia?

This month, a meetup that will go better than expected.

(On an unrelated note: people who want to play some of the roleplaying games I've hyped are welcome to join me on Boardgame Monkeys on meetup.com, where, if this session works out, I'll be GMing some every now and then.)

______

We will meet at 1 pm at "La Fleur en papier doré", close to the Brussels Central station. Depending on the weather, we may also spend some time outside. The meeting will be in English to facilitate both French and Dutch speaking members.

If you are coming for the first time, please consider filling out this one minute form to share your contact information.

Meetup announcements are mirrored on LessWrong.com and on Meetup.com