March 8: Calibration and other games

Roxolan

Feb 26, 2014, 11:47:26 AM2/26/14
to lesswrong...@googlegroups.com, daniel_...@hotmail.com, mathieu....@hotmail.com, hela...@hotmail.com, dnee...@gmail.com, king....@gmail.com, PhilippB...@gmail.com
(LW post)

This month we're stealing an idea from the Atlanta group: using Wits & Wagers for confidence calibration (and a little Fermi estimation, which I keep saying we'll do and we never end up doing). It's like a trivia game, except you don't need to know anything to win! (errata: you do need to know that you don't know anything. else.) We may spice it up with some paranoid debating.

I also have a game related to the Memory Palace, and another one related to the Ultimatum Game. But we may not have time to do everything.

If someone can get their hands on an English copy of Wits & Wagers (or Gambit 7), please tell me.