lessc on command line in windows7

Taivo Evard

Sep 13, 2013, 6:10:17 PM9/13/13
to les...@googlegroups.com
I'm having a strange problem. I installed node, then installed less via npm command: npm install -g less

Installation goes fine.

Then when I try to run: lessc from the command line, no error is thrown, and a new command prompt appears quickly. Then the windows "run-with" dialog appears. This happens whether I run lessc from the less/bin folder, or anywhere else. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tavio

Luke Page

Sep 14, 2013, 3:41:41 AM9/14/13
to Taivo Evard, les...@googlegroups.com

Npm install with -g installs to application data in your user directory I think. It creates a script file that runs

Node node_modules/less/bin/lessc

I think that mechanism is broke somehow.. I develop on windows 7 and have no problems, so I don't think its less.

Try going to an temp directory, running

Npm install less

Then run lessc with node and see what happens. Try installing a different npm module. Try searching Google for npm install global new command window..