Alternative Candyland Rules

Anna Belkine

Feb 12, 2016, 10:32:55 PM2/12/16
to Less Wrong Parents
I am sure it has occurred to some how Candyland is an AWFUL board game. But it's also ubiquitous, and reasonably attractive, and cheaper than Relic Runner.

So I've penned a set of rules for Candyland that introduce an element of strategy to it. Thought I'd post it here:)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vf1S4XqW87mru27QqtdNW9DBkgeMH5A1EhoDVuMvQVY/edit?usp=docslist_api

Note that not all the rules need to be introduced at once, which might help with teaching the game to smaller kids.

And, of course, I always prefer boardgames with the Victory Point mechanics for kids -- a lot easier to set handicaps.