Re: [Less Accounting API] Creating invoice with line item at one-go

Steven Bristol

Oct 1, 2012, 9:22:38 AM10/1/12
to less-acco...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Swee mechai <infe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at the invoice API, there don't seem to be a way to create
> invoice with 1 or 2 line items on the fly at one-go.
>
> I do not really want to use Proposal btw. Is it a must to create a proposal
> in order to have line items?
>
> I also see the line item API, and it seems it must have proposal ID, what
> happen if my line items only associated with invoices and not proposal. As
> you can see, I do not use Proposal at all, so am puzzle as to its tight
> association with line item.
>
> Sorry if I an new to accounting.

1. You are correct, you can not make an invoice and line items with
only one api call.

2. You must use "proposals" in the url, but just have the id be for
the invoice you created and it will work just fine. This will be
changed in the future so you can have either in the url.

EG if you create an invoice with the id of 17, you can create line
items at lessaccounting.com/proposals/17/line_items