My LeSharo/Phasar history...

Dan Davis

Jul 13, 2007, 1:08:14 PM7/13/07
to LeSharo Phasar GM V6 conversions
This Itasca project coach is my second of the fabulous H body
Winnebagos. I also have a 1986 LeSharo 2.2 gas/automatic that I
bought from - get this - The Salvation Army - last year. It had been
donated & they put it up for sale thru CraigsList in Portland OR. I
was looking for a LeSharo after having seen a few around, so I went
down with some friends and struck a deal. I then immediately took off
on a trip back to Missouri by way of Utah & New Mexico. I had a great
trip, overall, with only a couple of minor problems along the way. The
overall experience was fantastic. With the exception of the lack of
power. I'm used to plenty of reserve, and the little engine that
almost could, was a bit of a disappointment.
Last week the opportunity came up to get this clean Itasca Phasar with
some powertrain "issues" for next to nothing. It's the perfect chance
to upgrade and get this little coach back on the road. I've had a
1994 LeSabre sitting around for a while waiting for the swap, but now
I have motivation to get the Itasca back on the road.
I have a fairly extensive mechanical background, I've done engine
swaps before, but converting & fabricating are not my usual pursuits.
I'll be looking for lot's of advice which will be added to the Pages
here to help guide others on the quest. Looking forward to hearing
about & seeing photos of successful conversions.

Dan - Seattle