computer reprograming

Gene Millard

Jul 27, 2007, 12:20:05 PM7/27/07
to lesharo-phasar-gm-v6-conversions
OK guys the right email address is
Ryan Gick at Sinister Performance,LLC
s...@gmtuners.com
They are doing the computers for Fieros with the 3800 SC setups .

Hi my setup is some different than some. I used the Lesharo steering column
and switches
etc.. My computer was trying to run stuff that was not there any more . so
they reprogrammed it to
run what that was there.and it works great I had them raise my shift
points a little about 5 mph or So
I would leave that alone and may have mine changed back.
No more check engine lights and it is running cool and good power
Cost subject to change is $50. they reprogram your prom chip or
$95 and they send you a chip that you add to your computer I went that
route so I would still have stock chip just in case.
.good turn around and you email them and they send about 4 page form for
changes you want to system.

Gene Millard
gmil...@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

jniekamp

Jul 27, 2007, 10:54:58 PM7/27/07
to LeSharo Phasar GM V6 conversions
Hi Gene,

The EPROM chip is this something that is easy to get to and I assume
it's like any other IC chip and it goes in a socket.

Here's my problem, I have only one issue with my computer and it's
that stupid vacuum pressure switch in my fuel tank. Basically it just
tells you that the gas cap is on and if it's not it throws up a code
and turns on the check engine light. That is all it's there for, or so
I am told by GM. It don't always goes on, but either I have a flaky
gas cap and it's venting when it should be or there is some other
simple problem. In either case if I could get this programmed out of
the system I think it would be much much better.

What do yo think, can this be done?

John