RE: Chev Blazer 31 gal gas tank

Gene Millard

Sep 7, 2007, 10:33:02 PM9/7/07
to lesharo-phasar-gm-v6-conversions
To make room for the new length you have to move the front bulk head ahead
about 9" I cut the bulkhead out with a air palm grinder and sawzall then I
spot welded in 5 pieces of 1/8" thick 2X2"angle iron to weld the bulk head
back into after turning it around so as to have a lip all around the inside
for the flange on the tank to rest on.

Gene Millard
gmil...@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Drivers side of bulkhead.jpg
Bulkhead in new location and catalytic converter.jpg
Bulkhead in new location.jpg
Bulkhead with rear heater hoses.jpg
Bulk head partly cut.jpg

Gene Millard

Sep 7, 2007, 10:37:18 PM9/7/07
to lesharo-phasar-gm-v6-conversions
On my LeSharo I changed the fuel pump to the Ford Pick Up one. the lines
are the same size as line sizes on the Chev sending unit I used a digital
gauge from JEGS (see picture)that shows gal.of gas in the tank. the sender
reads the same as the Buick and I think it would work with Buick Inst.
cluster ?
fuel gauge I used. showing 14 gal.jpg

Gene Millard

Sep 7, 2007, 10:48:26 PM9/7/07
to lesharo-phasar-gm-v6-conversions
On my LeSharo I raised the back part of floor over the tank 1 1/2" to allow
for the dome in the tank
I have 10" clearance from bottom of tank to ground with 16" wheels and 215
65 16 tires all around, up front I have 8" clearance from cradle to ground.
to keep this ground clearance and not raise the floor you would need to go
to the 25 gal tank because it is 2" less deep. the tanks are the same size
other wise.
I removed floor and put in one and half angle iron along sides back to step up.jpg
floor from under side.jpg
floor after sealing .jpg