finally got signed up

allesharo

Aug 23, 2007, 10:52:11 PM8/23/07
to LeSharo Phasar GM V6 conversions
Hello to all, I finally got my membership to this group. I will try
to provide photos and any other help if possible regarding these
conversions. Mine is pretty near done now. It is a 1985 Lesharo with
a 88 Park Avenue 3.8 V6 power train. Currently I am having trouble
with a SES light which relates to a code 41 error. This code suggests
a camshaft position sensor which I have replaced as well as the coil
pack and module. I also verified that there was indeed a magnet on
the cam sprocket...
Anybody else been down this road?
Al

jniekamp

Aug 24, 2007, 6:45:41 PM8/24/07
to LeSharo Phasar GM V6 conversions
Al,

Sometimes things like this can drive one nuts. And for the sake of
changing this part, that part and STILL not have the problem solved,
sometimes it's best to just "bite the bullet" and take it to the shop.
Been there, done that!

I assume you done the obivious and cleared the code after you
installed your new sensor. I just went though a problem with an 85
Chevrolet S-10 with a 2.5 engine. We replaceded the module in the
dist. with no luck and then after trying this that and the other it
came down to a hall affect sensor back in the the dist. Who would ever
think? Like I said things like this can really drive one nuts or in my
case NUTTIER.

Good luck and let us know what you end up finding out.

John