RE: 31 gal Chev Blazer gas tank

Gene Millard

Sep 7, 2007, 11:07:04 PM9/7/07
to lesharo-phasar-gm-v6-conversions
If you do the tank you will need to moved the emergency brake cable to the
drivers side of the opening about 9" left of stock location.
I went in line with where it was to the drivers side and drilled a hole the
size for the cable to go through. I removed the cable bracket from the
bulkhead and laid it aside to use later. I reworked the emergence brake
handle see picture and drawings. I used a 9" piece of 3/4" pipe. With a
hole saw cut a hole in the emergence bracket just larger than pipe then I
made a stand for the left end and the part to pull cable drill sawed hole
in it so to weld it over the 3/4" pipe and weld the pipe to the emergence
handle .
On mine I lowered the brackets to clear the bottom of the seat.
I sectioned the brackets and welded them back together after completing the
brake cable I put back the cable bracket (see picture)

Gene Millard
gmil...@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Emergence brake parts.jpg
E brake cable end.jpg
E brake under seat.jpg
E Brake.jpg
E cable in new location.jpg
E brake another view.jpg

Gene Millard

Sep 8, 2007, 12:01:50 PM9/8/07
to lesharo-phasar-gm-v6-conversions
On the under side I put in two 2"X2" angle irons about 26" long
I drilled holes for the straps to hold up the tank.
I put them a high as I could and ran welds about 1" at a place 8 or 10
times
on each one . They have to hold up a little over 250 lbs.
Tank in RV.jpg
Cable attachment in new location.jpg
front side of tank.jpg
Angle iron and straps up front.jpg