City Council Parks Committee Oversight Hearing - Monday June 10th

Magali Regis

Jun 8, 2024, 3:08:03 PMJun 8
to NYCCGC list serve, Brooklyn Community Gardeners Group, Lower East Side Gardens, 6BC, Campos Community Garden

To: listservs, bcc: gardeners lists

FYI this important hearing is taking place on Monday, June 10. Please take time to testify. Parks' budget is being cut drastically by the Mayor; this is our chance to be heard about the importance of community gardens and urban agriculture. Infos below. Please forward to your networks. Thanks.

Community Gardening and Urban Agriculture will be the topic of the next City Council Parks Committee oversight hearing at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, June 10, 2024 in the Council's 16th Floor Committee Room at 250 Broadway. The Council will hear testimony from the public, and NYC Parks will present testimony along with the Mayor's Office of Urban Agriculture, regarding the importance of NYC's community gardens and all the work being done to support gardens and urban farming across the City. To learn more, visit the New York City Council website and for information on testifying, visit here

Magali Regis

Jun 9, 2024, 12:15:01 PMJun 9
to gil lopez, NYCCGC list serve, Brooklyn Community Gardeners Group, Lower East Side Gardens, 6BC, Campos Community Garden
Thanks for the info, Gil.
Hope to see you there.

all, See Gil's message below.

On 6/8/2024 6:38 PM, gil lopez wrote:
Thanks Magali.

Hi all,
I work at Big Reuse and am helping organize a rally at 10am on Monday just before this hearing. As you probably know, Parks Dept is evicting us from our Queensbridge Processing site so they can turn it into a parking lot.
I also plan on testifying. Hope to see some of you there. More info below my signature…

In SOILidarity,
gil lopez

Rally and Call to support Queensbridge Compost site

Join us for a rally on Monday, June 10 @ 10 AM @ 250 Broadway (adjacent to City Hall) ahead of the Parks Oversight Hearing for Community Gardens and Support for Urban Agriculture @ 11 AM.  Sign up for in-person, virtual, or written testimony at the hearing here.

Keep community composting alive in Queens!  Call Commissioner Donoghue at 212-360-1305 to express support for Big Reuse remaining at our composting site and share our Instagram post with talking points to spread the word!

More calls lets Parks to know the extent of community support for Big Reuse - including elected officials, local community boards, legal experts, community orgs & community members who have spoken out in support of extending our license agreement.

Sent from my iPhone