Bird Watching in Tompkins Square Park - Saturday April 20 9:45am

Magali Regis

Apr 18, 2024, 10:46:17 PMApr 18
to NYCCGC list serve, Brooklyn Community Gardeners Group, Lower East Side Gardens

bcc: Gardeners lists

FYI - spread the word:

BIRD WATCHING  AT TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK -  SPRING AWAKENING  - (Bring binoculars if you have them).
Meet at the East edge of the park on E9th Street & Avenue B, New York NY 10009
Metro: L to First Avenue

Join Kellie Quiñones (she/her) to explore the birds of Tompkins Square Park. We'll look for the resident Red-Tailed Hawks, pigeons, and sparrows that call Tompkins Square Park home, and for the birds that migrate through NYC in the spring, on their way to their breeding grounds.

Please arrive at 9th Street & Avenue B by 9:45am for a brief orientation. The walk will start at 10am and end at 11am. A limited number of binoculars will be available to use with picture ID. Recommendation: Wear comfortable clothes/ shoes. The pace will be nice and easy.

Kellie is especially eager to share her passion for bird-watching with our BIPOC and Spanish-speaking neighbors. All are welcome!

Please spread the word and encourage folks to attend. Thank you!

Best,

Laura