The Sublime in Art and Science

Roger Malina ( rmalina@alum.mit.edu )

Jul 11, 2012, 8:53:08 AM7/11/12
to leonar...@googlegroups.com
LASSI

I would like to bring to your attention the new Leonardo ebook
produced by Michael Punt Editor in Chief of Leonardo Reviews

There are essays by Sundar Sarukkai, Roger Malina and others..

If you are interested in having publications or events reviewed
by Leonardo Reviews you will find instructions at:

Roger Malina

> L|R|Q  Leonardo Reviews Quarterly 2.01
> With Essays on The Sublime in Art and Science

> This special Kindle edition of L|R|Q contains all the reviews submitted by Leonardo Reviews
 international panel of expert reviewers in the last three months
together with four newly commissioned essays by Roger Malina, Michael
Punt, Sundar Sarukkai and Martyn Woodward dealing with a burning issue
in the humanities/arts/science/technology community. This edition also
contains a feature on poet, playwright and  established panelist for
Leonardo Reviews, Allan Graubard.

> This special edition of L|R|Q contains important signposts for the ongoing creative intellectual project to draw together best practice in interdisciplinary research. Its original essays draw on emerging ideas concerning history and neuroscience to open up new vistas, concerns and topics for research and practice. As a collection of responses to recent literature across a wide range of topics L|R|Q 2.01 will be a valuable asset for  teachers and researchers wishing to keep up with current ideas and publishing. The additional materials will also provide provocations and starting points for further thinking and exchange between practitioners in arts, science and technology.

The eBook  project is a collaboration between the Leoanrdo/ISAST and
MIT Press in Partnership with Transtechnology Research, Plymouth
University. It is a project of the ATEPUCU: The ATEC Experimental
Publishing And Curating  Initiative at University of Texas at Dallas.
This is an exciting development of the longstanding mission of
Leonardo/The International Society for the Arts Sciences and
Technology to meet the critical challenges required to mobilize
cross-fertilization among the domains of  art, science and technology.