want to xpress an opinion on how to enable science/engineering to arts/design collaboration ?

Roger Malina ( rmalina@alum.mit.edu )

Jul 26, 2012, 4:34:45 PM7/26/12
to leonar...@googlegroups.com

Dear LASSI Colleagues

Just a reminder that Aug 15 is the deadline for abstracts of
ingternational white papers/position
papers on how to enable Science/Engineering to Arts/Design/Humanities
collaboration.

We have just posted two white papers for comment from Sundar
Sarrukai on the Situation in India

See details below

We would welcome position papers with recommendations from
members of REDCATSUR !! we accept papers in any language
but ask for an english abstract

The first Abstracts of planned white papers are now available at:

The first draft white papers are up for comment:

This is an open community call. Yes we accept utube white papers,

Roger Malina

SEAD Network for Sciences, Engineering, Arts and Design announces a
call for White Papers on issues facing the international community
seeking to enhance transdisciplinary collaboration

We are seeking to survey concerns, roadblocks and opportunities, and
solicit recommended actionsfor enhancing collaboration among sciences,
engineering, arts and design. These position papers will be submitted
as part of a report to NSF and the community from the SEAD network in
the summer of 2013. With grateful appreciation for US funding, we
recognize that activity connecting the sciences, engineering, arts,
and design is international and, furthermore, that global involvements
are essential in today’s economy. Therefore we are interested both in
what US collaborators can learn from experiences in other countries,
and vice versa, and also in how to foster collaborations that bridge
beyond regions to nations. Cultural cross-fertilization via the SEAD
network – whether from disciplinary, organizational or ethnic
perspectives – is a vital component of our purpose and goals.

Chair, Roger Malina, Leonardo/ISAST Chair Emeritus, Leonardo Governing
Board Member. Distinguished Professor of Art and Technology at the
University of Texas, Dallas

Co-Chair, Carol Strohecker, Director, Center for Design Innovation,
University of North Carolina system; Professor, Winston-Salem State
University; Chief Research Officer & Instructor, UNC School of the
Arts; SEAD Co-PI

For more information:

This material is based upon work supported by the National Science
Foundation under Grant No.1142510 , IS, Human Centered Computing,
“Collaborative Research: EAGER: Network for Science, Engineering, Arts
and Design (NSEAD)

Ranganathan Srinivasa

Jul 26, 2012, 5:44:12 PM7/26/12
to leonar...@googlegroups.com, mal...@alum.mit.edu, P.Balaram, Prof. V.S., N Sathyamurthy
July 27

Dear Roger

I intend to contribute a notr based on my experience of teaching in India the inaugural Humanities course for undergraduate students and in  Japan a course on Heritage Conservation

I read Sundar's papers with great interest

Rangu
Guest Professor
Tokyo university of the Arts