About #2647: pylint changes

Edward K. Ream

May 15, 2022, 12:23:43 PM5/15/22
to leo-editor
#2647 will revise how Leo invokes pylint, and will likely result in new commands. I expect this work to take a few days.

Leo's existing pylint-leo.py invokes pylint in the worst possible way! Indeed, pylint caches ast trees, but this caching is virtually useless if pylint is invoked one file at a time:

    python pylint-leo -a takes than 20 minutes.
    python -m pylint leo takes less than 2 minutes.

As a result, I no longer have any plans to attempt to improve pylint's performance.  Hurray!

Edward

tbp1...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 12:37:11 PM5/15/22
to leo-editor
Please make it a new command!  i don't want to get output for a whole directory when all i need to do is to check one file.  In fact, i have never wanted to check more than one file at a time.  just create a new command already and leave *pylint* to work as it always has.