@language modes

Rob

May 1, 2023, 9:37:09 PM5/1/23
to leo-editor
  1. Recently I noticed that all of my @language md nodes don't seem to recognize the directive (the line isn't colored green as before). The md.py mode file is in the modes directory. not sure what's going on here. Perhaps this is related to recent work on the mode files.
  2. Should there be an @language org for org-mode files? There isn't one and it's not exactly the same as md, though similar. Now that @language md doesn't seem to 'register' as before, what should I use?
Rob...

Thomas Passin

May 1, 2023, 10:06:50 PM5/1/23
to leo-editor
I noticed that too. VR3 seems to work right anyway, but that won't help you.  I don't remember when I first noticed this, but not long ago.

Edward K. Ream

May 2, 2023, 5:56:09 AM5/2/23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 8:37 PM Rob <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
  1. Recently I noticed that all of my @language md nodes don't seem to recognize the directive (the line isn't colored green as before).

@language md works for me in devel. I have just reviewed all recent changes to leo/modes/md.py. None of those changes should have any effect on coloring for Leo's directives.

Edward

Thomas Passin

May 2, 2023, 7:58:04 AM5/2/23
to leo-editor
It's trick.  I just found that when I type @language md into a new node, the line colors when I complete the "md".  But when I press ENTER the highlight goes away.  After that, adding the directive line again, or to any other new node, the line does not highlight although VR3 still understands that the node is a Markdown node.  This behavior is on a per-outline basis.

This is the second odd behavior that shows up the first time used on a per-outline basis.  The other one was reported in Issue 3305.

Rob

May 2, 2023, 8:12:27 AM5/2/23
to leo-editor
That's what I see as well. It's colored green until I enter a new line, then reverts to black. Other valid @language directives seem to work as expected (tex, rest, html, etc.)

Jacob Peck

May 2, 2023, 8:29:02 AM5/2/23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Anecdotally, I had '@language python' act the same way for me once a few weeks back, but it sorted itself out somehow and I couldn't replicate it.

Edward K. Ream

May 3, 2023, 6:06:25 AM5/3/23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 2, 2023 at 6:58 AM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's trick.  I just found that when I type @language md into a new node, the line colors when I complete the "md".  But when I press ENTER the highlight goes away.  After that, adding the directive line again, or to any other new node, the line does not highlight although VR3 still understands that the node is a Markdown node.  This behavior is on a per-outline basis.

I don't see exactly the behavior you and Rob describe, but there is a real problem. See #3310.

Edward