My program (a Leo outline) crashes leo on startup

Laurent Steffan

Jun 13, 2016, 11:53:47 AM6/13/16
to leo-editor
Hello,

A program that I am writing crashes Leo when it launches or when it is imported.

The error is "AssertionError: newLevel == oldLevel + 1"

I am using the latest git version of Leo (updated a few minutes ago to confirm that the problem still exists). My python version is Python 2.7.11+, the system is Debian 8 with the Linux kernel.

I have tracked down the source of this problem to the existence or not of a section (<<argument>>). I have made two minimal files, which differ only by the presence of a section. The one with the section exhibits the problem while the other does not. I am unsure as to how to proceed : should I post these files here ? or maybe other information ? I am also willing to debug, but would need the help of someone more knowledgeable about Leo internals.

Best,
Laurent

Edward K. Ream

Jun 13, 2016, 11:56:30 AM6/13/16
to leo-editor
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Laurent Steffan <lmst...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

A program that I am writing crashes Leo when it launches or when it is imported.

The error is "AssertionError: newLevel == oldLevel + 1"

Please send external file​ to me at edre...@gmail.com.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Jun 16, 2016, 12:25:14 PM6/16/16
to leo-editor
On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Laurent Steffan <lmst...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

A program that I am writing crashes Leo when it launches or when it is imported.

​I've just created bug #289 to track this bug.  As mentioned in the bug tracker, this is an interesting, unusual bug that has implications for @clean.  I'll be discussing various aspects of this bug in the bug tracker before attempting a fix, which will happen asap.

Edward