F5 Key Opens New Leo Session?

tbp1...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2022, 6:15:09 PM4/30/22
to leo-editor
I just discovered that hitting the F5 key while in leo opens a new leo window with only the workbook open.  but why?  it's not in the list of bindings or commands. i don't define it in any @shortcuts node.In fact, the string "f5" does not occur at all in myLeoSettings.leo.  This action does not happen when the leo window is not focused.

The os is Windows 10.

I'd like to bind the key to some other command, but i'd like to understand what is going on here first.  Anyone know?

jkn

May 1, 2022, 4:01:36 AM5/1/22
to leo-editor
doesn't happen for me on Linux FWIW (although the action is something I have wondered about, whether it would be useful...)

Jacob Peck

May 1, 2022, 10:22:13 AM5/1/22
to Leo-editor Group
I cannot replicate this on Win 10, latest devel commit.  F5 happily does nothing on my machine.

tbp1...@gmail.com

May 1, 2022, 11:08:35 AM5/1/22
to leo-editor
I thought i might have set this up and then forgot, but i can't figure out how or where, since it doesn't show up in bindings or settings.

Viktor Ransmayr

May 1, 2022, 11:11:36 AM5/1/22
to leo-editor
Hello Thomas,

On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 11:15:09 PM UTC+1 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:
I just discovered that hitting the F5 key while in leo opens a new leo window with only the workbook open.  but why?  it's not in the list of bindings or commands. i don't define it in any @shortcuts node.In fact, the string "f5" does not occur at all in myLeoSettings.leo.  This action does not happen when the leo window is not focused.

The os is Windows 10.

I'd like to bind the key to some other command, but i'd like to understand what is going on here first.  Anyone know?

I can't replicate this behavior of Leo in a Fedora 34 VM either!

With kind regards,

Viktor

Edward K. Ream

May 1, 2022, 9:58:35 PM5/1/22
to leo-editor
On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 5:15 PM tbp1...@gmail.com <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just discovered that hitting the F5 key while in leo opens a new leo window with only the workbook open.  but why?  it's not in the list of bindings or commands. i don't define it in any @shortcuts node.In fact, the string "f5" does not occur at all in myLeoSettings.leo.  This action does not happen when the leo window is not focused.

Perhaps you have bound F5 in Windows itself. F5 does nothing for me.

Edward

tbp1...@gmail.com

May 2, 2022, 12:31:54 AM5/2/22
to leo-editor
I thought of that, but it only happens when the Leo window is focused.  If it were a Windows shortcut, it would work when leo was not focused.  Besides, i always prefix my windows shortcut launchers with "ctrl-alt".

Edward K. Ream

May 2, 2022, 6:23:00 AM5/2/22
to leo-editor
On Sun, May 1, 2022 at 11:31 PM tbp1...@gmail.com <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought of that, but it only happens when the Leo window is focused.  If it were a Windows shortcut, it would work when leo was not focused.  Besides, i always prefix my windows shortcut launchers with "ctrl-alt".

It's a mystery all right.  Good luck.

Edward