How to navigate without switching focus

Nils Lindemann

May 23, 2019, 11:09:24 AM5/23/19
to leo-editor
How can i achieve navigating to the next/previous/parent/child node with the focus staying in the body pane? Using Leo 5.8, Python 3.7.1 32 bit, Windows .

Edward K. Ream

May 23, 2019, 11:19:01 AM5/23/19
to leo-editor
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 10:09 AM 'Nils Lindemann' via leo-editor <leo-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
How can i achieve navigating to the next/previous/parent/child node with the focus staying in the body pane? Using Leo 5.8, Python 3.7.1 32 bit, Windows .

Good question.  Leo has many settings.  It's good to search leoSettings for them.

To answer this question I did the following:

1.  Open leoSettings.leo with <Alt-x>leo-set<tab><return>
2.  Do cff focus:  <Alt-x>cff<return>focus<return>
I see that there is a setting @bool stayInTreeAfterSelect = True
3.  Set this to False in a test file.  Yep, that worked.

Edward
Message has been deleted

Nils Lindemann

May 23, 2019, 12:22:49 PM5/23/19
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Edward, that worked! And i guess you also just teached me how to fish :-)

Edward K. Ream

May 23, 2019, 12:23:37 PM5/23/19
to leo-editor
On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:22 AM 'Nils Lindemann' via leo-editor <leo-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Thank You Edward, that worked! And i guess you also just teached me how to fish :-)

Yes :-)

Edward