Download link for the latest version

duf...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 9:33:37 AM7/30/14
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I recently re-installed my system, and now I am about to re-install Leo.

As far as I know, Leo's latest public version could be downloaded from this link:
http://www.greygreen.org/leo/leo-editor-latest.zip

Is this still the link for the most up-to-date version available? Or is there a more up-to-date version somewhere else? If so, please provide the link.
I am particularly keen on having the latest improved features, such as UI and plugin improvements.

With regard to Python and PyQt, the versions that I previously had on my system were Python 3.3 and PyQt for Qt v4.8.5.
I understand that recently Edward and the crew have been working on Qt 5 compatibility. Is this this fully ready yet?

In short, what are the latest Python and PyQt versions that you suggest me to install (to ensure that everything runs smoothly)?

Thanks

dufriz

Fidel N

Jul 30, 2014, 9:57:07 AM7/30/14
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
The latest version is this one:

Click "download zip" in the right side of the screen.

This is not an exe-installer though.

I didnt change my qt installation so dont know about the latest, but according to what I read I would say yes.
I would install pyqt 4, which is what I use with no problems whatsoever.

Terry Brown

Jul 30, 2014, 10:18:40 AM7/30/14
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 06:33:37 -0700 (PDT)
duf...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi
> I recently re-installed my system, and now I am about to re-install
> Leo.
>
> As far as I know, Leo's latest public version could be downloaded
> from this link:
> http://www.greygreen.org/leo/leo-editor-latest.zip

The information here: http://greygreen.org/leo/ is supposed to be
included here: http://leoeditor.com/download.html but for some reason
LeoDocs.leo and http://leoeditor.com/download.html seem to be out of
sync. I bet it gets fixed today :-)

Note that when download.html is updated there will be no pointer to or
need for http://greygreen.org/leo/ as github gives you both the latest
and n days ago.

Cheers -Terry

duf...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2014, 6:25:55 PM8/2/14
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
What about the compatibility with the latest versions, i.e. Qt5 and Python 3.4?
Does everything run smoothly with them or would it be safer for me to stay with the older versions?

Thanks

Edward K. Ream

Aug 3, 2014, 6:06:51 AM8/3/14
to leo-editor
Afaik, the more recent versions of Leo are invariably more compatible
Qt and Python than older versions of Leo.

Several years ago Leo started requiring Python 2.6 or above. This is
essential so that Leo's code base will work on either Python 2.x or
Python 3.x.

EKR