🚀 LeoJS Version 0.2.14-beta Released!

Félix

Jun 22, 2024, 9:27:58 PM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to leo-editor
leojs-viking-shipment.jpg
Introducing LeoJS Beta 0.2.14
🧙‍♂️

I am thrilled to announce the release of LeoJS Version 0.2.14-beta! With this new version, LeoJS is now a complete translation of the original Leo, with all edit commands now fully converted from Python to TypeScript.

Available via automatic update or on the VSCode MarketplaceNote: The open-vsx.org extension publisher for vscodium seems down. (See the openvsx issue #945)

⚔️ Discover Version 0.2.14-beta: 🐉
  • 🔹 Complete Command Coverage: Every command you’ve loved and used in Leo, now seamlessly integrated into your VSCode environment.
  • 🔧 Bug Fixes and Improvements:
    • Resolved the import file error for 'import any' and other importers.
    • Enhanced the behavior of 'detached' body panes.
    • Improved colorization of descendants for nodes with multiple 'language' directives.
    • Added a context menu to document pane nodes, including the 'revert'
    • Fixed the availability of the 'refresh-from-disk' command. command.
    • Improved keyboard shortcuts and updated the related README
    • Fixed the 'reload-setting' command to call the 'reloadSettings' method of subCommanders.documentation.
  • ✨ New Implementations:
    • 'write-zip-archive' command.
    • Updated find-def command behavior with 'prefer-nav-pane' config setting support.
    • 'execute-general-script' and 'execute-external-file' commands.
    • Language coloring and syntax support for Julia, Batch, and Shell languages.
    • Most edit commands are now available and accessible via the minibuffer or in scripts.
    • 'toggle-unl-view' command to switch the status bar UNL type.
I invite you to explore these new features and improvements. Your insights and enthusiasm are what make this community vibrant and truly unique.

Thank you for your continued support and for being a part of this journey!  🦁

Félix

(A new LeoInteg version with all the same bugfixes to the 'detached' body panes, and more, will be coming out with the soon-to-be-released Leo 6.8.0! In the meantime,  checkout the  "Intro to Leo" and the "LeoJS Features Demo" if you haven't already!)
leojs-line-art-medieval-store.jpg

Thomas Passin

Jun 22, 2024, 9:58:40 PM (7 days ago) Jun 22
to leo-editor
I applaud your energy and tenacity, as always.  Thank you.

jkn

Jun 23, 2024, 6:08:18 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to leo-editor
+1, amazing work

    Jon N

Edward K. Ream

Jun 23, 2024, 6:20:37 AM (6 days ago) Jun 23
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 8:28 PM Félix <felix...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am thrilled to announce the release of LeoJS Version 0.2.14-beta! With this new version, LeoJS is now a complete translation of the original Leo, with all edit commands now fully converted from Python to TypeScript.

Many thanks for all the work you have done, and congratulations for this epic milestone! And thanks for the humorous pictures!

The beta installed without a hitch.

I see that the latest vs-code update supports Typescript 5.5 which ought to make your job easier, for example with inferred type predicates and regex checking. These improvements to vs-code and Typescript illustrate why LeoJS is the future of Leo. There is no way desktop Leo could keep up with the work of thousands of Microsoft engineers!

Again, congratulations on a job well done.

Edward

Félix

Jun 26, 2024, 12:26:14 AM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to leo-editor
I know many leonistas are VSCodium users,

So I'm happy to inform you that the folks at eclipse/openvsx have fixed their server issues, and that the new LeoJS 0.2.14 beta version is now available to install or update from https://open-vsx.org !

Untitled.png

Have fun trying out the new LeoJS features AND the new VSCode features! (Did you know you can drag out a tab from the vscode window onto your desktop to have an independent floating editor for that specific document? It also works with LeoJS body panes and 'detached' body panes!)

Félix

Viktor Ransmayr

Jun 26, 2024, 4:22:58 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to leo-editor
Hello Félix,

Félix schrieb am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2024 um 06:26:14 UTC+2:
I know many leonistas are VSCodium users,

So I'm happy to inform you that the folks at eclipse/openvsx have fixed their server issues, and that the new LeoJS 0.2.14 beta version is now available to install or update from https://open-vsx.org !

Thanks a lot for this update.

I was deliberately waiting for the availability of LeoJS 0.2.14 on Open VSX Registry to check out the update behavior of VSCodium. - See [1] ...

I'm happy to report that this time the update worked flawlessly !

With kind regards,

Viktor

---
[1] LeoJS Beta 0.2.13 Released

Edward K. Ream

Jun 26, 2024, 6:09:39 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 11:26 PM Félix <felix...@gmail.com> wrote:

I know many leonistas are VSCodium users,

So I'm happy to inform you that the folks at eclipse/openvsx have fixed their server issues, and that the new LeoJS 0.2.14 beta version is now available to install or update from https://open-vsx.org !

Just on a lark, I tried opening vs-code.dev.  LeoJS appears to work!!!  Zero-install Leo is here!

Edward

Félix

Jun 26, 2024, 1:22:44 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to leo-editor
Zero-install Leo is here!

Indeed! :)

For the best experience with LeoJS in the browser: go to your favorite github repository, (switch the branch you want to work with) and press the 'dot' on your keyboard, as shown at the start of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_mKXSbVGdE

Félix

jkn

Jun 26, 2024, 5:55:57 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to leo-editor

Hi Félix
    FYI I tried to make a small donation via PayPal, and it came back with a message "This organisation can't accept donations right now.". Not sure if 'This organisation' means PayPal, or boltex etc. Thought I'd let you know...

Regards, Jon N

Félix

Jun 26, 2024, 9:22:27 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to leo-editor
OMG JON THANK YOU!! :D

PayPal never even sent me notifications to inform me that I needed to keep some info up-to-date with them!

I just updated my personal info in my account settings and everything is now back to normal!

Thanks again for notifying me of this!!

Félix

jkn

Jun 27, 2024, 3:23:22 AM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to leo-editor
Hi Félix
    I tried again and got further - the small donation my have gone through, but there was a PayPal ?warning?, "e.data is undefined"

Let me know if you get the donation or not, please.

Regards, Jon N

jkn

Jun 27, 2024, 6:35:52 PM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to leo-editor
Hi Felix
    That PayPal donation doesn't seem to have gone through - perhaps you might want to check things again?

    Regards, Jon N

Félix

Jun 27, 2024, 9:57:21 PM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to leo-editor
Thanks Jon for this info,  this is embarrassing!

But, after making more verifications, I think I got it going ok now (The paypal administration console is terrible.) I finally found I had to finish validating something else with my account. and a few other settings to tune up ... 🙄  If it still doesn't work after that I'll contact their customer support.

Should work now... I guess.... eh,   Thanks for persisting in wanting to give me money!

Félix

jkn

Jun 28, 2024, 9:11:57 AM (yesterday) Jun 28
to leo-editor
"We're sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later."

(2nd try after a couple of hours also failed)

Félix

Jun 28, 2024, 8:40:56 PM (20 hours ago) Jun 28
to leo-editor
Thanks for trying again Jon! Perhaps the last changes took a little time to be applied.

I've just asked my brother over the phone to try it out:

Since there's two way to pay, (via a paypal account or with a credit card # only) he tried it both via his paypal account, and again, in incognito mode without a paypal account by using only a credit card number. It worked in both instances.

I cannot thank you enough for persisting in trying to make that paypal button work!  Let me know if you try again & still have an error issue! Greatly appreciated!

Félix

jkn

3:44 AM (13 hours ago) 3:44 AM
to leo-editor