[OT-GAOTD] Aml Pages 9.78 - Aml Pages keeps all your information in a form of tree.

ne1uno

Feb 27, 2017, 7:34:05 PM2/27/17
to leo-editor
shhhhh
Spoiler Alert

Giveaway of the Day.
they give away various outliners. editors and others windows programs daily
just to try or to keep. registered versions, usually pro or better
free till 4am eastern

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/aml-pages-9-78/

Aml Pages 9.78 -
keeps all your information in a form of tree.Key Features
  • Tree-structured form of notes
  • Text and paragraph formatting
  • Images, screenshots capture, tables
  • Easily text and web grabbing
  • Instant search, filters and tags
  • Bookmarks and hyperlinks
  • Security and auto-backup
  • Integration with Dropbox, Evernote, LeaderTask.
  • Export to CHM-format (Microsoft Windows Help).
  • Export to OPML for viewing on mobile devices.
  • Free plugins and portable version
  • Unicode support
as usual, the comments are mostly about installation problems with the GAOTD wrapper
this one has an unusually overstocked menu and somewhat cluttered interface.
not opensource or scriptable but has a plugin interface
haven't looked into their forum
just for the FYI

Edward K. Ream

Feb 28, 2017, 10:22:13 AM2/28/17
to leo-editor
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 6:34 PM, ne1uno <eltr...@gmail.com> wrote:

​Interesting graphics.  Maybe Leo's promotional materials could look something like that.

Edward

ne1uno

Feb 28, 2017, 1:39:15 PM2/28/17
to leo-editor
I should have mentioned, there is a portable versions available
and, also, a menu item to make a portable version.
I assume this just creates local ini file or whatever else it needs
pulled from far flung directories
nobody but the program would know how to find.

I often look for and would try or use a portable version.
these days, many will want to know if there is an app version.
ePIM does have one, not sure about AML Pages.
there is a python android app creator
has anyone tried to build Leo for phone or tablet?

just tried the mobile version of groups on desktop
so much quicker and less busy, but doesn't seem to have a reply button.