Electron documentation on best practices for security

David Szent-Györgyi

Feb 7, 2018, 2:46:56 PM2/7/18
to leo-editor
To my knowledge, none of us earn a living working on Leo and related projects, which means leveraging pre-existing code saves one the effort of reimplementing that. Electron may prove to be immensely useful for Leo and related projects such as a desktop application made from LeoVue.

Since I have no experience writing code for node.js or for Electron, I looked up Electron's guide on security, which is worth consideration.

Edward K. Ream

Feb 9, 2018, 6:30:04 AM2/9/18
to leo-editor
On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:46 PM, David Szent-Györgyi <das...@gmail.com> wrote:

To my knowledge, none of us earn a living working on Leo and related projects, which means leveraging pre-existing code saves one the effort of reimplementing that.

​Heh.  This is likely a valid principle even for commercial enterprises.

Electron may prove to be immensely useful for Leo and related projects such as a desktop application made from LeoVue.

Since I have no experience writing code for node.js or for Electron, I looked up Electron's guide on security, which is worth consideration.

​I linked to this page myself earlier somewhere.  It's scary.  Some approaches may be scarier than others.  Terry's local server code might mitigate these problems, or not.

Edward