Tags, uA's and @persistence

Largo84

Jul 12, 2017, 9:50:34 AM7/12/17
to leo-editor
There was some discussion about this topic a while back here and I thought I understood that if I add tags  (uA's) to nodes in @auto-xxx files, they are somehow preserved in the @persistence tree. That doesn't appear to be the case. My @persistence tree appears to have some information stored referencing the GNX's and the uA's, but it's just a series of random-seeming numbers which might make sense internally, but not to a human reader. After closing and reopening the .leo file, none of the tags are associated to their respective nodes. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Rob.........

Edward K. Ream

Jul 12, 2017, 10:22:40 AM7/12/17
to leo-editor
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Largo84 <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
There was some discussion about this topic a while back here and I thought I understood that if I add tags  (uA's) to nodes in @auto-xxx files, they are somehow preserved in the @persistence tree. That doesn't appear to be the case.

​The default in leoSettings.leo is:

bool create-at-persistence-nodes-automatically = False

Edward

Largo84

Jul 12, 2017, 10:30:48 AM7/12/17
to leo-editor
I have that as well as bool-enable-persistence set to True in myLeoSettings.leo; shouldn't that override?

Rob..........

Edward K. Ream

Jul 12, 2017, 1:14:04 PM7/12/17
to leo-editor
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Largo84 <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have that as well as bool-enable-persistence set to True in myLeoSettings.leo; shouldn't that override?

​Yes, I think so.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Jul 13, 2017, 6:16:06 AM7/13/17
to leo-editor
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Largo84 <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:
There was some discussion about this topic a while back here and I thought I understood that if I add tags  (uA's) to nodes in @auto-xxx files, they are somehow preserved in the @persistence tree. That doesn't appear to be the case. My @persistence tree appears to have some information stored referencing the GNX's and the uA's, but it's just a series of random-seeming numbers which might make sense internally, but not to a human reader. After closing and reopening the .leo file, none of the tags are associated to their respective nodes. Am I missing a step
​ ​
somewhere?

​Not if create-at-persistence-nodes-automatically is True.

Please file a bug report.

Edward

Largo84

Jul 13, 2017, 9:23:30 AM7/13/17