Leo 6.7.7 released

Edward K. Ream

Jan 18, 2024, 2:12:51 PMJan 18
to leo-editor

Leo https://leo-editor.github.io/leo-editor/ 6.7.7 is now available on GitHub and pypi.

The highlights of Leo 6.7.7

- PR #3761: Improve leoserver.py to support LeoInteg. Many thanks to Félix for this work.

Installation note

For this release, setup.py includes neither asttokens nor black in the list of dependencies.

This last-minute change was a hasty attempt to remove a Rust-related folder from the distro. The proper fix was to remove the folder Doh!

Happily, this panic should not affect LeoInteg.

Edward

Thomas Passin

Jan 18, 2024, 3:35:34 PMJan 18
to leo-editor
After upgrading from PyPi, my copy claims it is Leo 6.7.8. Otherwise it seems normal but I've only had it open a few minutes.

Edward K. Ream

Jan 18, 2024, 4:49:03 PMJan 18
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 2:35 PM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:
After upgrading from PyPi, my copy claims it is Leo 6.7.8. Otherwise it seems normal but I've only had it open a few minutes.

Thanks for the report. I'll fix that and setup.py soon. Stay tuned.

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Jan 20, 2024, 5:41:49 AMJan 20
to leo-editor
On Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 1:12:51 PM UTC-6 Edward K. Ream wrote:

Leo https://leo-editor.github.io/leo-editor/ 6.7.7 is now available on GitHub and pypi.

The latest GitHub release corrects some problems with the original release. The release is still called 6.7.7, but it is now based on a different rev.

Leo's PyPI page now contains an updated Python wheel, but I have not been able to update the .tar file. So if you are building Leo from sources, you may want to change the reported version from 6.7.8 to 6.7.7 :-)

I plan no further work on 6.7.7. I'm hoping the 6.7.8 release process goes a bit more smoothly.

Please report any further release-related problems.

Edward

Thomas Passin

Jan 20, 2024, 9:16:10 AMJan 20
to leo-editor
All right, now the pip distro reports Leo 6.7.7.

BTW, pip won't upgrade an existing package to one of the same release.  There's probably some better way, but I handled it by deleting 6.7.7 and its install directory from Python's site-packages directory (the one in the user's location if installed with --user).  After that, pip doesn't know that Leo 6.7.7 had ever been installed.

Zoom.Quiet

Jan 20, 2024, 10:41:58 AMJan 20
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
supper cool,
had to upgrade ASAP.

Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> 于2024年1月20日周六 22:16写道:
> --

----------------
life is pathetic, go Pythonic. 人生苦短, Python当歌 ;-)
俺: http://zoomquiet.io
大妈的多重宇宙 - https://www.youtube.com/@Chaos42DAMA
许: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/cn/
怒: 冗余不做,日子甭过!备份不做,十恶不赦.
KM keep growing environment culture which promoting organization learning ;-)

Edward K. Ream

Jan 20, 2024, 1:36:57 PMJan 20
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 9:41 AM Zoom.Quiet <zoom....@gmail.com> wrote:
supper cool,
had to upgrade ASAP.

Thanks for testing :-)

Edward

Edward K. Ream

Jan 20, 2024, 2:16:00 PMJan 20
to leo-e...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 8:16 AM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com> wrote:
All right, now the pip distro reports Leo 6.7.7.

BTW, pip won't upgrade an existing package to one of the same release.  There's probably some better way, but I handled it by deleting 6.7.7 and its install directory from Python's site-packages directory (the one in the user's location if installed with --user).  After that, pip doesn't know that Leo 6.7.7 had ever been installed.

Thanks for this helpful info. And thanks for testing!

Edward