Leo will be in good hands after I am gone

Edward K. Ream

Mar 31, 2020, 7:52:58 AM3/31/20
to leo-editor
The following remarks have been on my mind lately:

1. I have been happy to see various "side" conversations in leo-editor. They have not needed my comments. I am heartened by their quality and independence.

2. I am not going designate a successor. Leadership structure will likely evolve informally. I recommend something loosely based on Apache merit. "Those who have proven they can do, get to do more".

3. Imo, leaders should focus first and always on maintaining Leo's respectful communications. Something like the python code of conduct or apache code of conduct should always be on your minds. The goal should be to encourage others, not to show how dashed smart you are.

Leo is blessed with code, distribution and documentation gurus, and a chorus proposing improvements :-) All of you give me confidence that Leo's community will continue to thrive after I am gone.

Edward
This conversation is locked