EMR service role and EC2 instance profile support

Gareth Rogers

Jun 11, 2015, 5:02:07 AM6/11/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
Hi

From the 30th June AWS are switching over to enforcing the use of IAM roles in the EMR clusters.

Does lemur support the setting of the EMR service role and EC2 instance role?

If not what is the path to add support?

Thanks
Gareth

Marc Limotte

Jun 12, 2015, 6:44:48 PM6/12/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
lemurs supports setting of these properties on the jobflow:

                      (.setServiceRole service-role)
                      (.setJobFlowRole job-flow-role)

Let me know if that meets your need.

Gareth Rogers

Jun 15, 2015, 5:44:31 AM6/15/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
That sounds perfect. It looks like I'll just be able to set :service-role and :job-flow-role keys in the job config. I should be able to test it in a few days time.

Thanks

Marc Limotte

Jun 15, 2015, 8:47:08 AM6/15/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
That sounds right.  Let me know how it works out.

Message has been deleted

pavank...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2015, 12:10:55 PM6/29/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I just tested using the keys :job-flow-role and :service-role in my job config and it worked perfectly.

gar...@metail.co.uk

Jul 4, 2015, 5:00:02 PM7/4/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com, pavank...@gmail.com
We've now run some jobs with the job-flow-role and service-roles set and everything worked as before.

Thanks
Gareth

Gareth Rogers

Jul 4, 2015, 5:14:14 PM7/4/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com, pavank...@gmail.com, gar...@metail.co.uk
Woops, wrong browser I posted as the other me ;)