Resize cluster - number of instances

pavank...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2015, 4:49:43 PM7/13/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
I have defined a cluster and the number of instances (including master and slave instance types). Can I change the change the number of instances (resize the cluster) based on the step?

Marc Limotte

Jul 13, 2015, 5:18:36 PM7/13/15
to lemur...@googlegroups.com
Yes, resizing is done with a Jar step, you do not need any special support from Lemur to do this.  Just submit a step for resizing as described in the EMR documentation.  As a convenience, there is a Lemur function that creates the step for you-- haven't tried this in a while, but hopefully will just work for you: lemur.common/mk-resize-spot-task-group-step

marc