Power curve on lemond revolution vs outdoors

al dietz

May 16, 2015, 9:48:04 AM5/16/15
to LeMondRe...@googlegroups.com
Just curious if anyone notices the difference in perceived effort and wattage in comparison with outdoor road training. As an example my best 1 min effort on the revolution is 540w but outdoors the number is about 80w higher. Similar my best 2 min effort is about 480 but I cant get higher than 420w on the trainer so it seems the harder the effort the greater the difference in wattage. My coach tells me that a 10-20 watt diff is typical for trainer vs outdoors but I see it more as a upward slope in that the harder the effort on the trainer the greater the wattage diff is vs out doors.
I use a quarq as my power source that I calibrate prior to each ride on trainer and road.

Luv the trainer by the way so I'm not knocking the equipment but sharing my experience to see if anyone else has a similar experience.

Abe Glazer

Jul 2, 2015, 10:02:28 AM7/2/15
to LeMondRe...@googlegroups.com
I think the flywheel tends to normalize effort on the Lemond.  I still think it is a great indoor training device because you can't stomp on a wheel connected trainer like you can a Lemond.