Revolution 11 speed drive repair

jazz...@sbcglobal.net

Oct 21, 2017, 2:04:22 PM10/21/17
to LeMond Revolution & Power Pilot Support
I'm trying to solve an annoying distraction with this otherwise great machine; occasionally an anomalous, visceral click occurs, felt in the drive train. Eventually discovered the likely cause; a defective freehub unit (one out of three pawls is spring preloaded; all three logically should be, I'd think). Has anyone dealt with this condition, and solved it? Yes, I've been in contact with Lemond support; not much to report there. At least talked about replacement part they *might* still have left over, since the Rev was discontinued for good in 2015.

I could just order a new Shimano or whatever 11 speed FH unit, but...what caveats do I face (special fitments questions), if so...? After dropping the original, giving it a solvent bath and re-lubing it thoroughly, the Rev works, but the issue has NOT been resolved. Thanks for any pointers (links), or experiential information you'd like to share.
Lemond_Rev_FH_02.jpg
NobleSteed.jpg

Paul Bennett

Dec 4, 2022, 11:27:37 AM12/4/22
to LeMond Revolution & Power Pilot Support
Did you (or any of the other members) get this resolved?

I'm struggling to find replacement pawl springs and can't identify the freehub (if anyone else knows what it is please let me know).

Thanks!