R. Breuer

Jeremy Rosenbaum Simon

Dec 19, 2023, 10:21:32 PM12/19/23
to lei...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know anything about the Feldheim published an English
translation of R. Breuer’s sefer on taamei hamikra this summer that
Feldheim appar published this summer?

RA Alpert

Dec 19, 2023, 10:33:13 PM12/19/23
to lei...@googlegroups.com
You can ask the KAJ office but it does not ring a bell and we usually advertise any such seforim they are putting out.

Jeremy Rosenbaum Simon

Dec 19, 2023, 10:42:27 PM12/19/23
to lei...@googlegroups.com
I came across it while I was shopping on Eichler’s.com

David Cohen

Dec 20, 2023, 3:02:27 AM12/20/23
to lei...@googlegroups.com
Different Rav Breuer.  Rav Mordechai Breuer who wrote the sefer on taamei hamikra was the nephew of Rav Yosef Breuer of KAJ.  (He was the son of Samson Breuer.)

In any event, I think this is what you're looking for:

-- D.C.

Jeremy Rosenbaum Simon

Dec 20, 2023, 7:25:51 AM12/20/23
to lei...@googlegroups.com
I probably should have been clearer. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me who translated it or anything else about it in that regard. I find it interesting, as the market for the book, people who would read it in English and not in Hebrew, seems quite small.
Jeremy

David Cohen

Dec 20, 2023, 7:54:39 AM12/20/23
to lei...@googlegroups.com
Well, the last significant books written on this topic before Rav Breuer's book, which he mentions in his introduction, were those of William Wickes, which were written in English.
See https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/lookupname?key=Wickes%2C%20William%2C%201817%3F%2D1903

Wickes was not Jewish, but he makes reference to the works of Heidenheim on Baer on the topic, which were written in Hebrew.

-- D.C.

AMK Judaica

Jan 21, 2024, 10:23:48 PMJan 21
to lei...@googlegroups.com
The translator is Nahum Wengrov. Published by Chorev, which has also published Wengrov's translation of Rav Breuer's Pirkei Moadot (2 vols.).

Ari Kinsberg
M.A., Pharm.D.
Brooklyn, New York
347-244-9747 (US cell)
Consultant for Rare Books and Manuscripts
Registered Pharmacist (NYS, Ohio)
Certified Immunizer (NYS)