April-May projects and ideas

leila johnston

Apr 24, 2013, 8:00:25 AM4/24/13
to leila...@googlegroups.com, leila johnston
The chilblains are fading. Most of the bulbs are dead in the ground, but I am at least, finally, *not freezing*. Hello.

It's been a fun month since we last had this one-sided conversation.

Games and stories season on The Literary Platform flows steadily on, we've had some really good stuff in, e.g. from Alexis 'Failbetter Games' Kennedy, and Rob 'Tedx storytelling consultant' Barker. Go and have a look.

We have chosen the winners for the Writing Platform bursary pairing techs and writers which I have been judging on, and some sort of report will magically materialise on the Literary Platform soon. I hope.

I went to Manchester-based digital/arts/ideas conference Future Everything on my delicious bursary ticket at the end of last month, and had lots of thoughts about things which I have yet to formulate into anything useful. It was particularly good to see my friend Sarah and get her take on it all, from an artist's perspective.

My talk about Terminator went down really well in Brighton at Nixon McInnes, I had such a great time. People even came down from London for it. Who knew there were so many nerds in the world?

I've been doing some consultancy for a very interesting, editing-based start-up in Shoreditch with an insanely talented team.

Roo and I recorded a new Shift Run Stop with a fantastic guest a couple of weeks ago. Hassle him about editing it please, I've been waiting, but nothing so far.

Coming up:

I'm being interviewed for lovely James Hogwood's blog, as we speak.

I'm in London this Thursday for a meeting at Nesta for something and a meeting at Caper on Friday for something else. I'm also going to this 'Mother and the Trampery' launch event at big ad agency Mother on Thursday night. I shall be showing off Go Free Range's 'Printer'.

Unrelated Nesta news – I've just been asked to write for a Nesta-funded magazine about digital and arts stuff. More on that to follow, I'm sure.

I'm doing some work for Caper over the next couple of weeks.

I'm speaking at Sheffield's Pecha Kucha thing on May 1st, probably about Making Things Fast.

And on May 7th I'll be in Brighton to do a Terminator-related spot on Sarah Angliss's fantastic show Horlicks and Armageddon.

I have to make my Dublin Maker Faire thing very soon. That's more of a 'note to self'.

I've renewed Hackcircus.com and have an idea of something I can do with it.

I've been neglecting a few other things I'm supposed to be making, I know. Practice what you preach, Johnston.

But mainly I've been running around in the fields with the dog and going to the gym. I suggest you do the same.

Till next time, Hamburgler,

Leila x

--
finalbullet.com