LEGO + CS

Aaron Maurer

Jan 12, 2021, 12:59:17 PM1/12/21
to legoengineering
Hello friends,

In my state we are preparing for required CS standards K-12. One of the biggest hurdles is in elementary where there is
  • not enough time in day currently to get everything completed in a year in core subjects
  • lack of confidence and understanding of CS standards
  • lack of seeing CS as more than coding on a device
I am beginning the work of taking the CSTA standards and creating a document that a teacher could click on a standard and get lessons plans and activites that are hands on, creative, low tech, and when necessary connect to other core subject standards.

I am starting off by creating lessons using LEGO blocks and possibly picture books for the K-2 band and then building up to 3-5.

Curious if any of you are interested in helping design ideas to the resource that any teacher can use.

Randall Kamiya

Jan 12, 2021, 1:32:56 PM1/12/21
to legoeng...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,

I'd be interested!  My name is Randy Kamiya. I'm in southern California. Here is a link to my teacher webpage.

Randy

The aim of this mailing list is connect educators from around the world who have a common interest using robotics in education. We welcome any and all conversation that is on-topic, (and occasionally off-topic!) and strongly encourage all members, regardless of their level of experience, to be a part of the conversation. While we want our member to give their opinions on commercial products so that others may benefit, sales-pitch posts are not permitted.
If in doubt, please ask me off-line first - dam...@damienkee.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "legoengineering" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legoengineering/3635fdbb-1197-4128-9e2e-dac9b63705b9n%40googlegroups.com.