New Book on Robot Inventor and EV3 Course

Aaron Maurer

Apr 27, 2021, 12:18:01 PM4/27/21
to legoengineering
Not sure if people are still active here or not, but figured I would share two things going in to inspire conversation.

1. I have new book coming out May 7th on the new LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor Kit

2. I have a course I am teaching now for educators to earn grad credit or relicensure credit using the LEGO EV3 MINDSTORMS Robot Trainer Unit

What else is everyone up to? Hope you are all doing well.

David Maneth

Apr 27, 2021, 12:22:42 PM4/27/21
to legoeng...@googlegroups.com

For next year I would like to develop a cooperative unit between my Design Class to design and build obstacles for the EV3 Robotics and Bolt students to program around and build with. That’s the plan.

Still have some housekeeping to finish up with this year first.

The aim of this mailing list is connect educators from around the world who have a common interest using robotics in education. We welcome any and all conversation that is on-topic, (and occasionally off-topic!) and strongly encourage all members, regardless of their level of experience, to be a part of the conversation. While we want our member to give their opinions on commercial products so that others may benefit, sales-pitch posts are not permitted.
If in doubt, please ask me off-line first - dam...@damienkee.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "legoengineering" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legoengineering/2e41b82e-8a04-4bae-ba7d-6069a6701955n%40googlegroups.com.

Scott Reece

May 5, 2021, 1:06:47 PM5/5/21
to legoengineering
I've actually released two books in the past month!!

First, was "Tech Tips w/ Mr. Reece."  This project simply started as weekly emails to my staff and grew to a mailing list and then a book.  This books collects tips for technology items in the classroom - Pritning on Post-It notes, Resizing PowerPoint to match your screen, Uses of Forms, Creating a PDF that kids can type on, and more!  34 Tips in all!  If you want to be added to the mailing list for "Tech Tuesday," just let me know.

This week, my reading journal, "A Reader's Journey" went live as well.  This is a 180-day journal for kids to chronicle their reading journey.  Each day is a graphic organizer with a section on each page to track that day's reading.

PLUS, I've read a copy of Aaron's book and it is AMAZING!!  So much good information - history of LEGO robots, build plans and lessons!  It's a great book!!

Excelsior!
Scott

Wayne Burnett

May 6, 2021, 12:34:06 AM5/6/21
to legoeng...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on your books! I'm busy with just running my school that has been fully online since last March.

Kind regards,

Wayne

--
Wayne Burnett, Ed.D.