HELP: Ev3 connection with Chromebooks with new home App not working

Jenifer Linthwaite

Sep 23, 2021, 5:21:06 PM9/23/21
to legoengineering
Hello,
Most of my students have the education app installed on their chromebooks and it's working just fine.  However, I have a few students with new chromebooks and they had to download the new EV3 home app because the Classroom app is gone from the play store.

The chromebooks with the new app WILL NOT CONNECT to the robots.  Not with Bluetooth and not with a USB cord.

Is there a trick to making this work?

thank you for any help!
jen

Anna McNamer

Sep 23, 2021, 5:33:32 PM9/23/21
to legoengineering
I am having the same issues. They are able to connect to my PC -  it's putting a real dent in our year since they have to trade off using my PC.

Eva Jones

Sep 25, 2021, 10:28:50 AM9/25/21
to legoeng...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Did anyone find solutions.  My situation is a bit different. My students are working on a Mac (using the Educator edition) and while programming the program will stop connecting with their bots.  At that point we have to close down everything.  Most of the time that does work but other times it does not.  Is there a glitch somewhere or is this the reality of the new program?

Eva

The aim of this mailing list is connect educators from around the world who have a common interest using robotics in education. We welcome any and all conversation that is on-topic, (and occasionally off-topic!) and strongly encourage all members, regardless of their level of experience, to be a part of the conversation. While we want our member to give their opinions on commercial products so that others may benefit, sales-pitch posts are not permitted.
If in doubt, please ask me off-line first - dam...@damienkee.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "legoengineering" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legoengineering/65141afc-9319-40fd-b37e-e8b9a763123cn%40googlegroups.com.