RoboLab on newer Macs?

Damien Kee

Oct 23, 2013, 1:23:19 AM10/23/13
to LEGO engineering
Hi, just had this enquiry about running RoboLab with RCX's on newer Mac's.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Regards
Damien Kee

"Our school last year updated to 10.7 Macs and I have 20 RCX Yellow bricks and don't know what to do?  I have software going from 1.1 to 2.5.9 but can't get any of them to run on the newer Macs.  I do have a few NXT, so far work fine,  but having a large amount of the Yellow Bricks I still like to use.
How or can I run the older software on the newer computers?  I like the 2.5.4 software as it has the training missions which help greatly as sometimes I have 30 kids at once.
I've been looking all over to run this but seemed to have to run into a brick wall.  I did find sights for the NXT but nothing on getting the older PPC running.
If you have any ideas I would surely appreciate it.  I would not want to toss them."

Rob Torok

Nov 1, 2013, 2:40:28 AM11/1/13
to legoeng...@googlegroups.com
I've followed this up with Chris Rogers (creator of ROBOLAB) and he's confirmed that the drivers that came with the older versions of ROBOLAB no longer work with current version of OS X.

The best option now is to download the free ROBOLAB add-on for LabVIEW (this is ROBOLAB version 2.9.4d), available from http://www.legoengineering.com/robolab-for-labview/

And of course to make this work you will need either LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS (LVLM) or LabVIEW for Education (LV4E).

I also asked about the training missions. I can't really remember what these were like, but Chris said that these were small flash units, so it should be possible to pull them from a copy of 2.5 and post them on legoengineering.com if there's interest in doing that.

Cheers,
Rob

The aim of this mailing list is connect educators from around the world who have a common interest using robotics in education. We welcome any and all conversation that is on-topic, (and occasionally off-topic!) and strongly encourage all members, regardless of their level of experience, to be a part of the conversation. While we want our member to give their opinions on commercial products so that others may benefit, sales-pitch posts are not permitted.
If in doubt, please ask me off-line first - dam...@damienkee.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "legoengineering" group.

Alberto Santos

May 1, 2020, 2:55:30 PM5/1/20
to legoengineering
Hello Damien,

Do you still have the software RoboLab from 1.1 to 2.5.9?