ShowCase beta - and legal suggestions

1 view

Tim

Feb 21, 2008, 11:27:16 PM2/21/08
to Legal Mapping
Austhink has released in beta form its new package.

You are most welcome to download and try it out. We'd love to get
your feedback.

Download from http://www.austhink.com/ShowCase

Currently it is called ShowCase but when released in March it will be
called bCisive.

It is intended for general business decision making, and is not at
this stage adapted for legal reasoning.

Of course, lawyers very often have to make business decisions, so they
may the software useful in its current form.

We plan to either extend bCisive to better accommodate specifically
legal reasoning (or case-making, trial preparation, etc.), or produce
a separate version ("bCisive Legal"?)

We already have some suggestions for "box types" for legal reasoning.
Other suggestions/discussion most welcome. I've created a page at

http://groups.google.com/group/legalmapping/web/legal-box-types-for-bcisive

which I believe any member of the group can edit, or at least add
comments to.

regards

Tim v.G.

PeterM

Feb 22, 2008, 3:14:41 AM2/22/08
to Legal Mapping
Hi Tim, I tried to follow the link and download the program, but it
doesn't work for me. Is there some special program needed?

On Feb 22, 3:27 pm, Tim <timvangel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Austhink has released in beta form its new package.
>
> You are most welcome to download and try it out.  We'd love to get
> your feedback.
>
> Download fromhttp://www.austhink.com/ShowCase
>
> Currently it is called ShowCase but when released in March it will be
> called bCisive.
>
> It is intended for general business decision making, and is not at
> this stage adapted for legal reasoning.
>
> Of course, lawyers very often have to make business decisions, so they
> may the software useful in its current form.
>
> We plan to either extend bCisive to better accommodate specifically
> legal reasoning (or case-making, trial preparation, etc.), or produce
> a separate version ("bCisive Legal"?)
>
> We already have some suggestions for "box types" for legal reasoning.
> Other suggestions/discussion most welcome.   I've created a page at
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/legalmapping/web/legal-box-types-for-b...

Tim

Feb 22, 2008, 3:29:07 AM2/22/08
to Legal Mapping

Sorry - the URL is case sensitive. The download page is

http://www.austhink.com/showcase

regards

Tim v.G.
> > Tim v.G.- Hide quoted text -

Dave Maxfield

Feb 22, 2008, 9:15:52 AM2/22/08
to legalm...@googlegroups.com
As a lawyer, on the legal version, I would stay with the name
ShowCase. I think it is perfect, as you are literally able to see
your whole case at once. ShowCase Legal maybe. IMHO bCisive Legal
doesn't make as much sense as (regrettably sometimes!) it's not the
lawyers who get to make the decisions!!