My Kickstarter to empower LGBTQ Teens is LIVE!

Lee Wind Roadrunner

Feb 10, 2018, 3:15:18 PM2/10/18
to leewindn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Community,

It’s been a roller-coaster, and now things get even more exciting!

The Kickstarter and cover reveal for “Queer as a Five-Dollar Bill" are live!

It’s a novel that can change the lives of LGBTQ teens.

A novel that can shift the cultural conversation, exposing how history’s gatekeepers hide the truth about LGBTQ loves and lives across time and around our world.

A novel that will empower every teen who reads it to dig deeper, be inspired, and engineer their own futures!

Early reviews call it “Powerful” and “Courageous,” “Heartfelt” and “Exciting,” and Yapha Mason, school librarian and two-time Newbery Award Judge said it “belongs in every library that serves teens.”

I’ve been serializing the novel, chapter-by-chapter, on my blog, but the professionally designed, copy-edited, and published book won’t be a reality without your help. The 400 copies donated to LGBTQ and Allied Teens can’t happen without our community joining together to make it a reality.

If you can, here are three ways to help:

1)   Visit my Kickstarter project page
http://bit.ly/QAAFDB
and back the project if you can. (I understand that not everyone is in a position to contribute financially, and that’s completely okay! See #2 and #3.)

2)   Spread the word on social media

Whether you’re on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or somewhere else, wherever you hang out with other cool Allies and members of the LGBTQ community, let them know about the project. You can use this link to send them to the Kickstarter project page: http://bit.ly/QAAFDB

3)   Tell a friend

Or family member. Or the GSA advisor at your local high school. Or your local librarian… Send an email, or pick up the phone, or chat about it over a cup of tea. Share the story of this story and the difference it can make.

At the end of the day, this isn’t about me, or one book. It’s about a movement. You and me. Together. It’s about how we can empower LGBTQ Teens and their Allies.

And then, all of us, empowered, can change this world for the better.

Thank you!

Feeling humble and grateful,

Lee

Lee Wind
Blogger, Author, Speaker, Make-The-World-A-Better-Placer
Founder and Blogger of the award-winning “I’m Here. I’m Queer. What The Hell Do I Read?” At www.leewind.org

Questions? You can reach me directly at lee...@roadrunner.com