Inaugural meeting: The What, Where and Why of Javascript

Sam Foster

Nov 2, 2010, 6:34:19 AM11/2/10
to leedsjs
I'm happy to announce the first LeedsJs event. NTI Leeds have offered
to host us at the Old Broadcasting House, and we're signed up for the
2nd Wednesday of each month, 6:30pm.

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/7263892/WY/Leeds/Leeds-JS/Old-Broadcasting-House-Leeds-Met/

I'll give a short talk on the What, Where and Why of Javascript - an
overview of the javascript landscape and why its seeing a growth in
popularity. If you've been burnt by janky browser scripting,
unresponsive pages or are just curious to find out more about this
dynamic language and the applications it can be put to, please come
along.

The plan is to schedule a short talk each month, with time for
discussion and an open invitation to share new tools, techniques and
resources each session. If there's takers, we'll retire to the pub
after for a jar.

See the event on upcoming for more details; if you indicate if you're
planning to attend that'll give me an idea of numbers to expect.

If you're a twitterer, please follow @leedsjs for more news and
relevant tidbits.

thanks,
/Sam