March Meetup: What's New in HTML5 Games

Sam Foster

Mar 8, 2012, 5:13:30 AM3/8/12
to leedsjs
I've just posted details of our March meetup at:
http://leedjs.posterous.com/march-meetup-whats-new-in-html5-games

We've got books to give away too, thanks to the O'Reilly user group
program. I'll give first choice to the person who can bring the most
new people along :)

Please bring any any on-topic links, ideas, demos etc. We can also
(always) make time for general javascript questions if you have
something you are stuck on or want to share with the group.

I've put the event up on lanyrd, at: http://lanyrd.com/2012/march-meetup-whats-new-in-html5-games/,
please let us know if you plan on attending.

Look forward to seeing you there,
/Sam

Martin Caine

Mar 8, 2012, 5:58:46 AM3/8/12
to leedsjs
Sounds like this could be an interesting meetup.

I work in web dev / social media / marketing and I'm interested in
looking in to HTML5 for games. I also develop games in my spare time
for mobile, desktop and console platforms. I've been looking in to
options for web based versions of my games and have recently started a
Flash 11 / Stage3D port of my game Positron (due to the lack of proper
cross-browser 3D support I figured Flash was the best option at this
point in time).

-Martin

ps. Andrew Crawshaw (http://www.ga-ma-yo.com/) directed me here ;-)

sam foster

Mar 8, 2012, 7:37:29 AM3/8/12
to lee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

yes I hope this will be relevant. It does all depend on what market
you want to reach, and javascript/html5 is undoubtably young as a
platform for games. I think between the group member's various
experience we should be able to provide some insight into the options.
Flash-bashing will be discouraged :)

/Sam