A few of us have been kicking around ideas for a group project. And I
think November's meetup is tentatively sketched in as a hands-on hack
evening to work on this project. Also, I've been wanting to gather the
leedsjs community around one medium or another so there's a reliable
channel to reach everyone.
So, lets hash it out here. Here's what I have heard so far:
* Something like (or possibly forked from) the brighton group's
- which is a simple game-loop kind of
framework populated by the creations of the group members. That's just
an idea, we can depart from it entirely or not.
* It's going to be game-ish. We're at play here so fun > utility. It
will likely end up open-sourced on github which gives us a effective
platform for collaboration; now might be a good time to grab a github
account if you don't have one.
* We can team up and general mix it up - this isn't a coding
competition just a way to learn together.
* We don't expect to start and finish in 2 hours. We'll try and get
some of the framework in place for the day, and expect to hack on it
and any contributions that evening and in the weeks following.