Epic Leeds Meeples

Jennifer Freeman

Jan 9, 2014, 4:24:09 PM1/9/14
to leeds-...@googlegroups.com
Some games are quick, some games are light and then there are the Epic Games that can take 2-4 hours. Games such as Battlestar Galatica, Arkham Horror/Eldridge Horror, Firefly, Eclipse, Dune/Rex unfortunately are hard to get to the table as they take so long to play.

So we're planning to run a once a month Epic Meeples night, and for the first session we've booked next Thursday 16th January at 6.30pm at the Victoria in the room behind the bar.

At 6.45 sharp we will start with the games, if your going to be delayed by a small amount either email or tweet me and we'll try and work around it but after a certain point games will need to be started.

To allow things to run smoothly, we would appreciate the following:
* If you want to play anything specific please ask before hand
* Please bring games, but for this time only bring games that you know the rules to and have played at least once.
* Games above 4 hours still probably cannot be played, and abandoning a game halfway would be unfortunate. (We may look into alternative options for future occasions)

See you then,
Jen

Charlotte Gore

Jan 10, 2014, 9:16:01 AM1/10/14
to leeds-...@googlegroups.com
*drools* ... anything that increases the chances of getting a Game of Game of Thrones in is a great idea to me. :) Maybe in-between Classic Meeples on a Sunday would make it easier to get these really big games in long term though? (Actually, selfishly, I just find it difficult to get into Leeds midweek ;)

I think that Firefly we played last time took about 4 hours although I bet we could do it quicker now. :S

Dan Waters

Jan 12, 2014, 6:18:23 AM1/12/14
to leeds-...@googlegroups.com, jen.a....@googlemail.com
So what are the ideas for this Thursday? I'd like to put in a vote for Power Grid that I've been wanting to try for a while, but up for pretty much anything.

Looking forward to it!

Jennifer Freeman

Jan 12, 2014, 9:18:14 AM1/12/14
to Daniel Waters, leeds-...@googlegroups.com

I have a copy of powergrid I can bring.
But it should take less than 3 hours.

A few people have mentioned Fiasco the rpg, battlestar galatica, firefly and civilisation.